WESTERN UNION® “FACE OF MY WU” CONTEST - OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE/TRANSACTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE/TRANSACTION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
PROMOTION PERIOD: The Western Union “Face of My WU” Contest (the “Contest”) sponsored by Western Union Financial Services, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Monday, October 17, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Friday, December 2, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”). The computer clock of the Sponsor’s Contest Site is the official timekeeper of this Contest.
ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal U.S. and DC residents (having a valid Tax Identification Number (TIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) who are 18 years of age or older as of October 17, 2016 and who have a valid/current My WU® membership number. Employees, directors, officers, agents and representatives of Sponsor and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, judges, prize providers, distributors and other suppliers of materials and services related to this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse, in-laws, grandparents, parents, siblings, grandchildren and children, regardless of where they live) and/or those living in the same household (whether related or not) of each are ineligible to enter the Contest. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and to accept decisions of the Sponsor as final in all matters relating to this Contest. All federal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. All Federal, State and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. If a Winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of the Winner’s parent or legal guardian.
To become a Western Union® My WU® member, visit www.mywu.com or call 1-877-984-0469 toll free to enroll. Once enrolled, you will receive your Western Union My WU® membership number, which can be used immediately.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
- Go to www.westernunion.com/us/faceofmywu (the “Contest Site”) and follow the Sign Up instructions provided. Entries originating at any other website are not permitted and will be disqualified.
- Sign Up by entering your email address or your Facebook credentials (the “Sign Up”). By entering Online with your Facebook credentials, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook.
- A Welcome email will be sent to you after Sign-up with appropriate instructions and next steps (“Welcome E-mail Notification”). Entrants who signed with their email address will need to click on the Profile Activation link to proceed.
- Complete your Profile (“Completing Profile”):
- Upload an original photo of yourself (a “Selfie”), further defined as a close-up, photograph/likeness of a single (1) individual/Entrant only (the “Photo Upload”). The Selfie should represent and embody the “Face of My WU” theme, (subject to content and technical requirements noted below).
- Validate your My WU membership: For existing members enter your My WU Membership ID number. For non-My WU members, follow the sign up instructions above; then return to your Profile to activate your My WU membership. (“My WU Validation”).
- Share your Photo Link via email, Facebook and Twitter with friends and family in order to get votes for your Entry.
- Email reminders may be received from the Sponsor during the Submission Period to complete the Submission process.
- Normal Internet access and Mobile usage charges imposed by your online service and/or mobile carrier’s rate plan may apply.
CONTEST ENTRY SCHEDULE: During the Promotion Period there are a series of Contest-related events which start and end on or about the dates and times noted below. EVENTS
Events START at 12:00:00 AM ET on/about Dates Noted
Events END at 11:59:59 PM ET on/about Dates Noted
OPEN SUBMISSION FOR ENTRIES
October 17, 2016
December 2, 2016
VOTING OF FAVORITE ENTRIES TO DETERMINE 25 POTENTIAL FINALISTS
(TOP 25 HIGHEST VOTED ENTRIES)
(“Public Voting Period”)
October 17, 2016
December 2, 2016
NOTIFICATION, PHONE INTERVIEW AND JUDGING OF 25 POTENTIAL FINALIST ENTRIES BY EXPERT PANEL OF JUDGES TO DETERMINE
4 POTENTIAL RUNNER UP PRIZE WINNERS
December 5, 2016
January 6, 2017
NOTIFICATION/CLEARANCE OF 1 POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER
AND 4 POTENTIAL RUNNER UP PRIZE WINNERS
(“Notification & Clearance of Potential Grand Prize Winner
and Runner Up Prize Winners ”)
January 9, 2017
January 27, 2017
GRAND PRIZE WINNER AND RUNNER UP PRIZE WINNERS ANNOUNCED
January 30, 2017
WU “FACE OF MY WU” PHOTO SHOOT
(Actual Date to be confirmed by Sponsor at time of award.)
February 11, 2017
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY/GENERAL RULES:
- No purchase or transaction required for Entry, nor will it increase your chances of winning.
- Internet access via a computer, mobile phone and/or other digital device and a personal email address will be required. No other means of submission will be accepted.
- All Entries must be submitted by 11:59:59 pm ET on Friday, December 2, 2016.
- Once an Entry (Entry Form and Selfie) have been submitted/uploaded, it cannot be altered, changed or revised in any manner, unless otherwise requested as part of the upload process.
- Only one Entry per person/email during the Promotion Period. If more than one (1) Entry is received from the same person, the first Entry received will be accepted and all others will be void.
- An eligible Entry must include a completed online Entry Form and upload of an original photograph ”Selfie”, that follows the Entry Criteria noted within these Official Rules. This is the only method of entering this Contest.
- A “Selfie” is defined as a photograph/likeness of a single (1) individual/Entrant only. Only one (1) person/image may appear on a Selfie/Entry. Multiple people/images within one Selfie/Entry are void.
- All Entries will be screened to make sure that they meet eligibility requirements.
- Entries submitted without complete information requested or any photo found to be inappropriate by Sponsor will be blocked and the participant will be given the chance to upload a new photo one time only.
- Proof of submitting an Entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Sponsor.
- All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Incomplete or inaccurate Entries are void.
- Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address.
- If an entrant changes his/her telephone number, email address and/or postal mailing address after he/she enters the Contest, it is his/her sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor by postal mailing notice to the address noted below, which must be received by the end of the Promotion Period.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online Entry, Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Contest Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility of an Entrant to participate in the Contest. If such proof is not to the Contest Sponsors’ satisfaction, the Entry will be deemed ineligible.
- By entering the Contest, Entrant represents and warrants that they are the individual shown in their photo upload and own all rights to said photo.
- By entering, Entrant acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. All Entries must meet the Conditions of Entry set forth herein, including the following Technical and Content Requirements.
Entry/Photo Technical Requirements:
- MUST be in .jpg, .jpeg or .png format.
- MUST be no larger than 5MB in file size.
- MUST be of satisfactory quality (i.e., brightness, focus, etc.), as determined by Judge’s in their sole discretion. Any photo that is not of satisfactory quality may be rejected at Judge’s sole discretion.
- Photo may only include the Entrant, no group or third party photos accepted.
- The face of Entrant should be clearly visible and the photograph should not have been treated with image enhancing software.
- Any entries submitted that exceed the size limit, or which are in a format that is not permitted under these Official Rules, will be disqualified.
Entry/Photo Content Requirements:
- Entries SHALL NOT include any persons other than the Entrant.
- Entrant warrants that they are not a professional model nor receive or have received payments for their photographed image.
- Entrant warrants and represents that the submission is his or her original work, has not been photographed by a professional photographer, published or previously won any prize or award. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as Entrant’s original creation.
- Each submission must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be obscene, indecent, harassing or otherwise offensive as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion; nor can any submission defame any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights. Entry submission must not include material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the entry is created.
- Entries SHALL NOT include any unlicensed copyrighted materials, including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property, other than material in which such Entrant owns the copyrights.
- Entries SHALL NOT contain logos, brand names or trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, artwork, or sculptures.
- Entrant represents and warrants that they have obtained all rights necessary to upload their Entry and enter the Contest.
- Entrant further warrants and represents that he or she has obtained all consents necessary to provide Sponsor with the submission and to grant to Sponsor the rights in the submission set forth below.
- Entries SHALL NOT include material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any province or territory where the Entry is created.
- Entries SHALL NOT contain material which is (or promotes activities which are), as determined in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion: lewd, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (e.g. based on race, gender, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age, or other protected status), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), hateful, offensive, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words, tag lines or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous
HOW TO VOTE: During the Public Voting Dates/Times posted on the Contest Entry Schedule Chart above (the "Public Voting Period"), the eligible entries received will be posted at www.westernunion.com/us/faceofmywu. Eligible visitors to the site will be able to vote for the Entry/Photo that he/she believes best represents and embodies the spirit of “Face of My WU” theme (using the judging criteria noted below). You must be a legal resident of the United States or D.C. and 18 years of age or older to place a vote. In order to place your vote, hit the “Vote” button on the Contest Voting Page below your selected Photo Entry. First time voters will need to log-in using one of the available methods provided. Subsequent votes will not require a log-in. All votes must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on Friday, December 2, 2016. At the conclusion of the Public Voting Period, the twenty-five (25) Eligible Entries with the highest number of votes will be deemed the potential twenty-five (25) Contest Finalists (the “Finalists”), subject to verification. In the event of a tie in the number of votes received, the potential Finalists involved in the tie will be reviewed by an independent Judge designated by the Sponsor who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate the tied entries according to the below judging criteria and select the Winner(s) on the basis thereof. Voting is limited to one (1) vote per person/per email/per day during the Public Voting Period. Entrants may vote for their own Entry. Subsequent votes submitted by any user in excess of the stated maximum limitation will be void. Finalists may vote for themselves. All online voting will be under the supervision of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Contest. Votes that do not comply with the Official Rules or these requirements, or that result from fraud or collusion, may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits Promotion Website visitors to vote repeatedly is prohibited. Creation of multiple email accounts in order to vote in excess of the stated maximum limitations will be void. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, voting by proxy for yourself or any other person, offering prizes, services or anything of value or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by the Promotion Entities in their sole discretion. If a Finalist is found to have engaged in such fraud or collusion, in Sponsor’s opinion, he/she will be disqualified as a Finalist and will not be eligible to win a prize in this Contest.
JUDGING AND JUDGING CRITERIA: Judging of the twenty-five (25) Finalists to determine one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner and four (4) potential Runner Up Prize Winners will occur as noted above and is defined as follows: Judging of all Entries will take place at the offices of the Sponsor [Western Union Financial Services, 12500 E. Belford Avenue, Englewood, CO 80112]. Judging will be conducted by qualified representatives from Sponsor and its marketing agencies, under the supervision of the Contest Judges using the following Judging Criteria (the “Judging Criteria”).
- Photogenic Appeal=30%
- Ability of the Contestant to share his/her true self in the image=35%
- Captured personality or mood=20%
The one (1) Finalist who received the highest Judge’s score will be deemed a potential Grand Prize Winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”), subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules; and, provided a sufficient number of qualified eligible submissions were received to conduct Judging. In the event of a tie, the submissions involved in the tie will be reviewed by an additional qualified judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate such submissions according to the judging criteria, noted above. Sponsor is not obligated to use any submission. The next four (4) Finalists who received the next highest Judge’s scores will be deemed potential Runner Up Prize Winners (the “Runner Up Prize Winners”) subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set, forth in these Official Rules; and, provided a sufficient number of qualified eligible submissions were received to conduct Judging. In the event of a tie, the submissions involved in the tie will be reviewed by an additional qualified judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate such submissions according to the judging criteria, noted above. Sponsor is not obligated to use any submission The Judges' and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
PRIZES: There will be a total of five (5) prizes awarded in this Contest. One (1) Grand Prize and four (4) Runner Up Prizes. Each winner will receive a photo shoot experience that will include roundtrip air transportation and hotel accommodations from major airport closest to Winner’s home and Denver, CO; participation in a photo shoot on date/time arranged by the Sponsor; and the ability to keep the clothes worn during said photo shoot. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the air and hotel is $1,300 and the photo shoot/clothing is $500 each. Additionally, the Grand Prize Winner will receive a check in the amount of $1,000, and the Runner Up Prize Winners will each receive a check in the amount of $500. The total ARV of the Grand Prize is $2,800. The ARV of each Runner Up Prize is $2,300 and the total ARV of all Runner Up Prizes is $9,200. Total value of all Prizes offered in this Contest: $12,000. Actual value of the Prizes may vary depending upon Winner’s point of departure, date of reservation and travel and if air travel is required.
Prize Restrictions: No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded, provided a sufficient number of qualified eligible submissions were received to determine the one (1) Grand Prize Winner and four (4) Runner Up Prize Winners. The Winner Prize checks will be awarded to each Winner after they have been verified. The prize check will either be presented to the confirmed Winner at the photo shoot or mailed to the address noted on their Prize Claim Documents. Grand Prize Winner and Runner Ups must be able to attend and participate in the photo shoot on the date and time arranged by Sponsor (at their sole discretion). If the Grand Prize Winner or any Runner Up Prize Winner is unable to participate in the photo shoot on the specified date they may be disqualified and the next highest scoring entry will move up and be notified, time permitting. Economy air transportation will be provided for the Grand Prize Winner and Runner Ups only, to/from the major airport closest to Winner’s homes and Denver, CO; plus 2 night’s hotel accommodations [1 standard room]. Travel Release Documents will be requested to be completed prior to actual travel date. Additional travel restrictions apply. If the Grand Prize Winner or a Runner Up Prize Winner resides within a 100 mile radius of Denver, Colorado, said winner(s) will only be provided 2 night’s hotel accommodations [1 standard room], no transportation will be included. The total value of only the hotel portion made available to Winners (requiring same) is estimated at $300. In the event that the Winner does not use any portion of the prize, there will be no extension, transfer, substitution, reimbursement, or compensation provided. All taxes, fees, and surcharges on the prize and all ground transportation, meals, beverages, gratuities, spending money, telephone charges, merchandise, souvenirs, room service and all other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. All travel itineraries, including selection of airports, is at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Trip accommodations and travel dates are subject to availability, blackout dates and additional restrictions may apply. Sponsor and its agencies are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Winners are solely responsible for any required travel documentation and restrictions. In addition, Winners may be required to present a valid credit card at the hotel at the time of check-in. No substitution or transfer of any prize permitted. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize or a component of the Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Contest Sponsors make no representations or warranties with respect to any part of the Prize including the quality and production of the final product. If a Winner is deemed a minor in his/her state, prize will be awarded in the name of the Winner’s parent or legal guardian. All taxes (if applicable), and other expenses not specified herein, including without limitation, associated with the prize and its receipt are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Winners will be issued an IRS Tax Form 1099 stating the value of the prize for 2017 tax filing purposes. Sponsor, Administrator, Judges and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, Agents and representatives disclaim any and all representations and warranties, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with all prizes. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use/misuse or redemption of any prize. Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, each Winner consents to the use his/her name, photograph, limited biographical information (City/State), voice, actual or simulated likeness, and Entry Submission (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes) in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media whether now known or hereafter devised, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Any unclaimed and/or unused portion of the Prize or element thereof will be forfeited by the Prize Winner(s) and will remain the property of the Sponsor. In the event that any part of the trip or any of the events associated with the trip are unable to take place as planned, for reasons including, but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, delays, an event of force majeure, or for any other reason whatsoever, then the remaining components of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to the Prize Winner, and no other or additional compensation will be awarded.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Finalists will be notified by Marden-Kane, Inc. between Noon (Eastern Time) and 5PM ET via email or phone on December 5, 2016, and will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Publicity Release (an “Affidavit”) (except where prohibited by law) within three (3) days of notification. The potential Grand Prize Winner and Runner Up Prize Winners will be notified by Marden-Kane, Inc. between Noon (Eastern Time) and 5PM ET via email or phone on January 9, 2017, and will be required to execute an addendum Affidavit; and a W-9 Miscellaneous Tax Form within forty-eight (48) hours of notification. If any documents are returned as undeliverable, of if the addressee fails to properly execute and return all documents described herein in the time noted, if they are found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if anything contained in or learned or obtained as a result of submitted Releases, or any other forms requested by the Sponsor that, in their sole opinion, would constitute a breach of these Official Rules or otherwise, the Potential Finalist and/or Potential Winner will be disqualified and the Judges will determine who will be selected as the alternate Potential Finalist and/or Potential Winner based on the next highest scoring entry, as determined by the judges, and upon final approval of the Judges, time permitting. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued phone and/or email service or a change of address which may result in a Potential Finalist and/or Potential Winner not receiving initial prize notification.
PRIVACY: The personal information you submit when you enter the Sweepstakes is collected by Sponsor and will be subject to Sponsor’s Privacy Statement (“Statement”). Sponsor may disclose your personal information to third parties as explained in the Statement. To obtain a copy of the Statement, visit Sponsor’s website at www.westernunion.com or call 1-800-562-2598 and ask for a copy of Sponsor’s Privacy Statement. Information disclosed may include financial background; identification, such as name and address; transaction information; and other information relating to financial matters. Recipients may include financial institutions; retailers; companies that process transactions or provide other services for Sponsor; government agencies; and direct marketers. You may opt out of (direct Sponsor not to make) certain disclosures. If you do not opt out, Sponsor will assume that you agree that your information may be used as the Statement describes. To opt out, call 1-800-562-2598.
INTERNET: The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically enter repeatedly (as solely determined by Sponsor) is prohibited. Each Entry must be submitted separately by the Entrant him or herself. Each Entry must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the Entrant; bulk, third-party, automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Entries (including but not limited to Entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes/contest service) will be disqualified. Any attempt by any Entrant to submit Entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s Entries, and that Entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only eligible Entries actually received and verified by the Contest Site during the Contest Period will be included in the Contest. Illegible, unintelligible, incomplete, garbled, lost, late, misdirected, forged, altered, or mutilated Entries will be disqualified. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, uploads of malicious files or viruses, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry or any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and select Winners using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of termination. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Each Entrant grants Contest Sponsors the perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide right to use, reproduce, distribute, display, publish, adapt, sublicense, edit, dispose of, modify and/or prepare derivative works of such Entry and the concepts embodied therein in any way, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide, without limitation or compensation to Entrant, who may be required to sign a release to that effect. Entries become the property of the Contest Sponsors and will not be returned or acknowledged. Any derivative works including, but not limited to, visual presentations, written presentations, master audio recordings and video recordings of the Prize shall be the property of the Contest Sponsors and the Winner shall transfer, convey and assign the necessary intellectual property rights to affect such right, title and interest in the derivative works to the Contest Sponsors.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering into the Contest, Entrants agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Contest Sponsors, and each of their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective Agents and agencies, as well as employees, directors and officers of any of the foregoing (“Released Parties”) from and against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind (including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages), and any claim or cause of action, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of, in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from participation or attempting to participate in the Contest or from acceptance, possession, misuse, award or use of any prize, or while participating in, traveling to, and/or preparing for any Contest or prize-related activity. No responsibilities are accepted by the Released Parties for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, or cancellations resulting from any acts of any governmental or like authority. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of any prize.
GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of Colorado without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of Colorado. By participating in this promotion, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges which shall be final and binding. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
WINNERS LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES: The names of the confirmed Winners along with the Official Rules will be posted at
www.westernunion.com/mywu/us/ and will remain posted for 30 days after the Contest ending date.
SPONSOR: Western Union Financial Services, Inc., 12500 E. Belford Avenue, Englewood, CO 80112.
ADMINISTRATOR/JUDGES: Marden-Kane, Inc., 195 Froehlich Farm Blvd. Woodbury, NY 11797 USA.